This is an Nokia BB5 PPM Editor capable of editing PPM files of all BB5 S40 phones.
The password is: Vikash
Here is a short tutorial on how to use the tool. I have shown how to change the icons here.
1. Open the program and press “Open” (folder icon in the left top corner)
2. Choose PPM of your phone
3. When you’ve opened your PPM, open the tree PPM (press “+” near word “PPM”) on the left side and make a double click on the section “ANIM”
4. In the center of window you’ll see the list of graphic that is in your PPM
5. For example I want to change the icon of waiting when camera saves photo or video to something else
So, I search this icon in our list of graphics and right click on the icon number and choose “Replace resource”
6. Choose the icon which you want to replace old icon
Replace any number of graphics that you want, but don’t forget about pixel’s size of icons. Sizes of both icons must be the same. Of course don’t forget about size of file (icon). It shouldn’t be very big. Free space of your PPM is shown in the right bottom corner.
7. When you’ve made all changes press “Save” (floppy icon in the left top corner)
And choose PPM file which you’ve chosen in the first step
Now you can flash your phone with your new PPM.
Give me a +1 if this helps.
Heres the link---
Please take note it cannot open a few ppm files:
These phones are:
X3 and X3-02
C3 and C3-02
tell me more and i'll post them here
Also: some phones have all .NIF (nokia image file) and cannot be replaced without a bmp/png - nif converter
WARNING - BE CAREFUL WHEN REPLACING NIF ICONS. NOT ALL CAN BE REPLACED WITH .PNG ICONS. ALSO YOU CANNOT REPLACE NIF WITH NIF UNLESS YOURE SURE
These phones are:
2700 and 2730 classic
Attaching iconsets: X2-00.
More iconsets will be uploaded in the future. Happy Modding!
Here are two more applications to edit PPM files--
1.Nokia Modding tool
Note: Nokia Modding tool is in chinese.